Thursday, October 29, 2009

Switchblades and flick-knives, psychotic kids and thier terrible lives...

So yesss...I was in town today with friends, allies and compadres when I was introduced to a new shop for all things wonderful; "Fantasia".
(Now, before I continue, I should point out that I am a great collector of swords and knives and other bladed weaponry. I can use them all with great efficiency and yet...ironically, I am a diehard Pacifist. I find it difficult even to slap someone playfully on the back...but I do so love my swords. ^-^;)
Anyhoo, regarding "Fantasia". It is a shop full of swords, knives, guns and the like, both decorative and (worryingly) for use. So, while my friends and I perused the produce of the dark forges of Hell (Sheffield probably...) three young boys (10 and under probably) came in to the shop. They also began to peruse...rather more loudly than us however. Their conversations as overheard by us;
Boy; "Cor, knuckledusters!"
Shopkeep; "Actually, thats a belt buckle."
Boy2; "Yeah, but you could still do someone up with it right?"
Shopkeep; "..."
Boy3; (To myself, as I was talking to the other shopkeeper about a sword I was holding at the time.) "Woah, you gonna use that on someone?"
Me; "No...why, would you?"
(etc.)

I worry, indeed I was rather unnerved to be around such creatures of amorality...they were only kids and they were that determined to hurt someone! The value of life is dropping with the economy it seems...
Still, as it was, they were ousted from the shop and I was free to purchase for myself a delightfully crafted flick-knife in 14Carbon, blue-steel.

Hm...from "Fantasia", our little group ventured forth to the outdoor market where, whilst Anna, Katie, Mollie, Lil and..."Andeh's little sister" (Sorry!) bought miniature Pumpkins, I acquired this monstrosity;

The man on the stall proclaimed it as a "Dragon Fruit"...as far as I'm concerned, it looks just like the egg-sacs from the "Alien" films. It has a thick skin, greeny-pink on the outside and smooth save for the Artichoke-like leaves. When you cut in to it, the skin is deep Pink and the interior...the interior is something else entirely. Snow-white with the texture of watermellon, sprinkled with thousands of tiny black seeds...I may harvest them and attempt to grow them. The first fruit has been duely eaten (a bit plain, with an underlying sweetness.) and the one you see before you I intend to hollow out and (after trying to make biscuits out of the soft insides) I will carve a face in to and turn it in to a HALLOWE'EN DRAGON FRUIT! Pics later, I promise.

Oh yes, then theres this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cnYvMC2fCo&feature=PlayList&p=7B47CF09B2272B7A&index=0&playnext=1

The Protomen...what a wonderful band they are. I was introduced to them by reading the latest issue of "Johnny Wander" (http://www.johnnywander.com/) and have been listening to this Youtube playlist repeatedly ever since. (Which was only since yesterday morning in case you're wondering whether I've been doing this non-stop for MONTHS, overloading my mind with Megaman audio-fanfiction.) So yes, if you're in to punk, psychobilly, indie, rock-opera...listen in.

Now, more about "Johnny Wander"! I have been an avid reader of comics since an early age. I have seen them change, evolve, originate and become cliche. "Johnny Wander" sparks my interest because it is structured with such a beautiful, unique and refreshing art style, humourous storyline and though seemingly quite simplistic at times, never fails to immerse the reader and leave them want more, more, MORE! I check everyday in hope of new updates and am rarely disappointed! I HIGHLY recommend reading this fantastic diary of the events of the life of its creators (with the odd narrative thrown in here and there.) and the people they meet and things they do. Go on, give it a try, I dare you!
(Yes, I'm really hoping Ananth or Yuko read this...if so, hyola, love the comic!)

Thats all for now I think...I shall go back to listening to the Protomen and being terrified of small children with a determination to hurt me...

Have fun, yours;

-Azzy-

1 comment:

  1. huw, you're actually a legend...lmfao xx

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, avoid pointless insults, but always speak the truth. If you like it, or even if you don't, be free in your words and let me know why.