Tuesday, November 10, 2009

By instruction of Disturbed; I got DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS.

I have been ill allll day...freezing cold and in pain...exhausted too. So yeah, despite my promises to y'all out there in the real world, I haven't done much but sleep I'm afraid. Actually, thats about all I've done.

Sorry.

On a darker note, I seem to be getting steadily more depressed lately, so if (after today) my blogs become a bit vague and emo-ish...I apologise in advance. They shouldn't do though as writing/drawing always cheers me up.

Anyhoo, in regards to todays illness, I've decided to take what little detail I have and write it as a diary entry from one of my alter-egos, Sky-Captain Asmodaeus Le Noir of the Skyship "Astro-Cumulus". I hope you enjoy it, as I'll be doing this at random intervals from here on.


November 10th, 2009 - Location; The "Astro-Cumulus", in a cloudstream near South-Cathakarian Archipelago - Weather; Thin cloudstream (see loc.), otherwise clear and cold.

Diary,
To my dismay, sickness has struck me, leaving me weak, in pain and ice-cold. All who know me well comment on how odd that is for me, despite the weather! I fear that it is true, I am generally impervious to the cold, why, just yesterday I strolled the deck in a thin shirt with my sleeves rolled whilst others wore thick coats! People think me mad, but I find this to be bracing weather...untill today that is anyway.

Have slept most all the day, after briefly awakening only to find myself confined to bed by the crew. It is nice to know they care. Upon awakeing later, I found myself strong enough to shuffle to the galley to make myself a warming sweetcorn broth with a thick crust of bread. After eating, I returned to bed with my book, reading long in to the evening and taking only small breaks to look out my window at the skylands as we pass.

I am not keen on the So.Cath.Archipelago, as its weather system is never reliable, ranging from bright sunshine and cold mornings to freezing rain and treachorously high winds in the course of a few hours. Regardless, the environment is something worth seeing. The local skylands are rich with autumnal colouring, and the Nimbus Whales are to be seen in great number, which is reassuring, considering their scarcity in recent years. Then again, as our finds have already shown, the ENTIRE Cathakarian Archipelago is a natural wonder when it comes to unexplored terrain and unknown creatures.

I shall leave my entry here, as I hope to be well for duties tomorrow. I must sleep if this is to be possible.

Yours;

Sky-Captain Asmodaeus le Noir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, avoid pointless insults, but always speak the truth. If you like it, or even if you don't, be free in your words and let me know why.