Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DEAD BABY JOKES...

...are really inappropriate in anti-natal daycare units.

But less about that, I have Apple Lucozade (GLUCOSE AIIIIIIID!) so your oppinion is irrelevant. Turns out, people seemed to enjoy my little story yesterday, so I will do it more often. Now lessee...what happened today...

NOT.
MUCH.
...
...
REALLY.

Ah well, thats that then...though I did eat a LOT of TicTacs. Ah lovez me some TicTacs...^_^
Seriously, I'm addicted to them. Its like...crazy an' shit.
Ah well. Hm...lost for words...by which I mean there are so many I have no idea which to pick.
Spondulicks. Thats a good one. Yeah, I'll stick with that.

Spondulicks.

On that note; I HAVE BEEN READING BOOKS. (Dangerous I know, but what can you do?)
This week's series is an estuary of Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" series; The so-called "Science Of Discworld", with story by Terry Pratchett and the Sciencey bits by Ian Stewart and Jack Cohen.
Now, I know what you might be thinking, SCIENCE in Fantasy-lit? SURELY NOT, BY JERICHO! Well, yes I'm afraid, though the Discworld is no worse off for it.
There are three books in the series, all structured in alternating sections (Narrative, underlying science, narrative, underlying science...etc.) and thus very easy to navigate if you only want the story, though the science is worth a read too!
The books follow the Wizards (or Wizzards, as Rincewind might spell it.) of Unseen University as Ponder Stibbons builds and activates his "Thaumic Reactor" (cue comparisons to Nuclear power blahblahblah, you get the idea? Good, because I'm not going to keep talking science today so there.) and...it overloads, nearly erasing the entirety of...well, entirety. Instead, HEX (UU's thinking engine.) finds a better use for all that free thaumological power and channels it in to the "Roundworld Project", which we come to find out is actually OUR world and indeed Universe, created by the Wizards in a small glass bubble. From there on, they build our Universe and...cause all types of temporal paradoxia, fight some Elves, stop themselves fighting aforementioned Elves and...prove to John Dee that magic very truly DOES NOT WORK on Roundworld by...doing magic on Roundworld.

Yeah, I thought that too.

A good series, even without the science (actually, especially without the science...I like stories. XD) and well worth popping down to the local Library for, though it begs the question...if the Wizards created our Universe...who is Terry Pratchett that he knows so much about them? A Wizard in disguise maybe? Perhaps...I do not know.

Thats all for today, I'm off to listen to classic greenday and read my book/draw some stuff.

Have fun, yours;

-Azzy-

3 comments:

  1. DUDE I LOVE YOU XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P HUW! Write a blog entry about me... you know you wanna - Phil S.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, avoid pointless insults, but always speak the truth. If you like it, or even if you don't, be free in your words and let me know why.